Extension socket 220V
for OURAGAN TYPHON1 sander
The sander's extension socket 220V (2-pole + earth) is an essential component used to connect the sander to a power source.
Here's what it's used for and some information about where it wears out and when it may need replacing:
Function of the 220V extension socket :
The 220V extension socket is used to connect the sander to an electrical socket that provides the power needed to operate the machine. It ensures a safe and stable electrical connection between the sander and the power source, allowing the sander to operate reliably.
Potential wear points :
Wear points on the 220V extension plug can depend on a number of factors:
- Mechanical wear: The internal contacts of the plug may wear over time due to frequent connection and disconnection when using the sander. This can lead to problems with poor electrical contact.
- Physical damage: Physical damage such as splinters, cracks or deformation of the plug may occur as a result of knocks, drops or rough handling.
- Oxidation: The metal contacts inside the plug may oxidise, particularly if exposed to moisture or corrosive environments. Oxidation can lead to increased electrical resistance and connectivity problems.
Time of replacement :
The exact time to replace the 220V extension plug will depend on a number of factors, including how often the sander is used, working conditions and general maintenance of the machine. Here are a few signs that could indicate that it's time to replace the 220V plug:
- Poor electrical contact: If the extension plug does not maintain a solid connection to the power source or if you notice intermittent power interruptions when using the sander, this may indicate a problem with the plug.
- Visible damage: Visible damage such as cracks, splinters or deformation of the plug requires immediate replacement for safety reasons.
- Increased electrical resistance: If you notice that the plug becomes hot during use, this may indicate increased electrical resistance due to oxidised or worn contacts.
We recommend that you regularly check the condition of the 220V extension plug and replace it if in doubt or if there are any signs of damage. Ensuring a reliable and safe electrical connection is essential to avoid electrical hazards and ensure the sander operates correctly.
Non contractual photo 📷
Please note that the photos of the parts do not use the same scale.