for OURAGAN sander
The motor flange on the Ouragan heavy-duty sander is an important part that performs several essential functions. Here's what it does, where it wears out and when it may need replacing:
Functions of the motor flange :
1. Structural support: The motor flange is part of the support structure for the electric motor in the sander. It holds the motor in place and ensures that it is properly secured to the sander.
2. Motor protection: The motor flange also acts as protection by partially enclosing the motor. It helps prevent damage caused by debris, dust or other external elements that could enter and damage the motor.
3. Heat dissipation: In many cases, the motor shield is designed to help dissipate heat generated by the motor during operation. It may have specific openings or designs to allow air to circulate and cool the engine.
Wear points and when to change it :
The motor flange is generally a robust part, but it can wear or deteriorate with time and use. Here are some signs that the motor flange may need changing:
1. Physical damage: If the motor endshield shows visible cracks, deformation, breakage or damage, it should be replaced.
2. Safety problems: If the flange is no longer holding the motor correctly in place or is not protecting it adequately, it may constitute a safety risk and must be replaced.
3. Engine overheating: If the flange does not allow proper air circulation for engine cooling, the engine may overheat. If you notice that the motor becomes excessively hot, this may be linked to a problem with the endshield.
4. Excessive wear: If the flange shows signs of advanced wear, such as severe corrosion or material degradation, it should be replaced to avoid future problems.
The frequency with which you need to change the motor flange will depend on the use of the sander, working conditions and regular maintenance. If you notice any of these signs of deterioration or if you have any doubts about the condition of the flange, it is recommended that you call in a repair professional or consult the manufacturer's Repex Floor after-sales service department for an assessment and, if necessary, replacement of the part. The safety and performance of the sander depend in part on the integrity of the motor flange.
Non contractual photo 📷
Please note that the photos of the parts do not use the same scale.