Silicon carbide disc centre hole ø 150 grain 120
Silicon carbide disc centre hole ø 150 grain 120 for Original edging machine
Pack of 50
The traditional colour of Silicon carbide disc centre hole ø 150 grain 120 is black. Silicon carbide (SiC) is a chemical compound made up of silicon and carbon, also known as "carborundum". It generally comes in the form of hard black or dark grey crystals.
Silicon carbide is widely used as an abrasive material in sanding because of its hardness and wear resistance. Here are some of its properties as an abrasive material:
- Hardness: Silicon carbide is extremely hard and wear-resistant, making it effective for sanding rigid materials such as hard floors.
- Cutting efficiency: Silicon carbide has a fast and efficient cutting capacity, making it a valuable material for sanding hard floors.
- Uniformity: Silicon carbide is often used in uniform grain sizes, ensuring a consistent surface finish.
- Versatility: Silicon carbide is versatile and can be used for sanding a wide variety of materials, including wood, concrete, metals and plastics.
- In short, silicon carbide offers excellent durability for preparation and finishing work. It does not scratch surfaces and the grit resharpens when broken, making it an ideal choice for woodworking.
Did you know?
Because of its high resistance to heat and wear, silicon carbide is widely used in many industrial applications. It is used in the manufacture of ceramics, electronic components, cutting tools, furnace linings and friction materials for car and aircraft braking systems. It also plays a crucial role in the production of semiconductors for the electronics industry, due to its electrical conductivity properties. It is used in high-performance electronic devices such as light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and high-voltage, high-frequency transistors.
Non contractual photo 📷
Please note that the photos of the parts do not use the same scale.