Housing fixing nut
for Ouragan heavy duty sanders.
The side housing fixing nut for the Ouragan heavy duty sander is an essential part used to hold the machine's side housing in place.
It is an M12 nut for a 21 spanner.
Here's what it's used for and some information on its wear points:
1. Function of the side casing fixing nut: The fixing nut is used to securely fasten and hold in place the side casing of the sander. The side housing may house important components of the machine, such as the belt, sprockets, or gears, depending on the model of sander. The fixing nut ensures that the housing remains in place during operation, ensuring the safety of the operator and the smooth running of the machine.
2. Potential wear points : Wear points on the fixing nut can depend on a number of factors, including:
- Mechanical wear: Due to the vibrations and mechanical stresses experienced during the operation of the sander, the fixing nut can wear progressively. Signs of wear may include loss of thread or smooth areas on the nut surface.
- Corrosion: If the nut is exposed to moisture or corrosive conditions, it may rust, which can affect its ability to hold the housing securely in place.
- Physical damage: Direct impacts or shocks to the side casing can damage the fixing nut, causing cracks or deformation.
3. Replacing the fixing nut: The side casing fixing nut should be replaced if there are signs of significant wear or damage that could compromise its effectiveness. A defective fixing nut could cause the side housing to come loose, which could lead to problems with the safety and operation of the sander.
The frequency of replacement depends on how often the sander is used and the conditions in which it is used. Regular inspection of the fixing nut when servicing the sander will help to maintain its performance and safety. Be sure to consult the manufacturer of your Ouragan sander for specific instructions on replacing the fixing nut, as procedures may vary depending on the model.
Non contractual photo 📷
Please note that the photos of the parts do not use the same scale.